Donations can be made to Amandari’s fund for the orphanage. This fund is managed by the resort with 100% of the donations appropriated to the orphanage.
Each year, Amandari reviews the needs of the orphanage and school with the headmaster and asseses:
• An annual maintenance project to improve the facility
• An outing to take the children and families in June at the end of the school term
• Regular supplies (clothing, rice, medication etc)
• A special project (fish ponds, dance teacher, sponsoring a child to attend a mini-sport event in Java, contributing to the annual temple ceremony at the school etc)
Donors can either give a sum to be used as decided by Amandari or can allocate the donation to a specific cause:
• a scholarship program (Amandari will pay the school directly)
• a special teacher’s program (ie paying for a dancing teacher, painting teacher etc)
The Scholarship Program
We offer a scholarship program that enables you to support an orphan at the school. Although education is free in Indonesia, many costs are still incurred for living, transportation, books, uniforms and various other necessities.
• An annual donation of Rupiah 2.000.000 (Rupiah 5.500 per day) – approx US$ 220 will cover the costs of housing, feeding, clothing and schooling a child (an orphan) for 12 months
Special Teacher’s Program
A teacher offering a special program such as dance or painting can also be arranged for the children at the following costs:
• Dance Teacher at Rupiah 2.000.000 per year (approx US$ 220) which covers eight months (twice per week)
• Painting Teacher at Rupiah 2.000.000 per year (approx US$ 220) which covers eight months (twice per week)
||Bank Negara Indonesia 46
Cabang Ubud – Jalan Raya Ubud, Ubud, Bali
||PT. Villa Ayu/Amandari Hotel
||00 493 84558
||00 493 84569
Any donation sent to Amandari will be kept in the orphanage sub-account and then used as you have requested or kept and used as needed (determined by the resort and the Head of the Orphanage).
Finally, the orphanage is always grateful to receive any extra clothing, bedding, toys, and educational materials.